Protecting your password
Your password online hold the key to all your personal information. Changing your password on a regular basis makes it hard for people to access your personal information.
Choose a strong password.
Strong passwords can protect them from being cracked strong passwords consist of:
A minimum of eight characters
A mix of upper and lower case letters and numeric
At least one non alpha numeric character
Passwords with fewer characters that have all letters or all numeric can be easily cracked. Always remember that in todays world strong passwords can still be captured by some types of malware, so a strong password is not a substitute for implementing good security practice more general.
Avoid passwords that identify a business or business name
Never share your password with anyone all passwords are to remain private
Memorize your password if possible. If you need to write it down make sure it is hidden in a safe place.
Change your password at least twice a year
Never send your password via email
Never reuse your old passwords
Use different passwords for banking, emails, social net working etc
Be very careful when using your passwords on public internet terminals e.g. internet café, airports etc
Protecting your password is important. This is a guide only. It is the responsibility of the user to safe guide and protects all passwords.
Safety - Selling or Buying
Simple and common sense steps
- Make sure your computer is secure.
- Conduct transactions within the auction site and avoid all private contact with your buyer or seller.
- Keep records of all bids, item descriptions, transaction records and receipts.
- Check users feedback and comments left by previous buyers or sellers.
- Use secure payment methods ( where a charge back can be used) e.g.: pay pal
- Only pay via secure web page.
- Never send your your banking details or credit card details via email. Always use secure web page of payment.
- Always print and keep copies of your transactions.
This document is a guide only. It is the responsibility of Buyer and Sellers to make sure to safe guide themselves from abuse.